Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) is a REALTOR® certification for specialists in buying and selling resort and second home properties.
Resort and Second Home
Keep up on the latest developments in the resort and second home market, earn the Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification, and network with other members who specialize in the buying, selling, or management of investment, development, retirement, or second homes.
Rental Housing Resources
- Advocacy Tips for Short Term Rentals
- Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper Summary
- Full Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper
- Fine Balance Needed Between Property Rights Regulation of Short-Term Rentals
- Navigating the Home Rental Market
- Investment and Vacation Home Buyers Surveys
In 2020, vacation home sales rose by 16.4%, outpacing the 5.6% growth in total existing-home sales.
This survey breaks down home sales by primary, vacation, and investment properties, and looks at non-primary residence transactions.
In 2020, vacation home sales rose 16.4%, outpacing the growth in total existing-home sales of 5.6%.
NAR Chief Economist Lawrence Yun shares his thoughts on what's happening in vacation home sales, with rising inflation, and the high number of recent all-cash home sales in the latest data.
The new rules could make it tougher for some buyers to get a mortgage on condos in resort areas.