Resort and Second Home
Keep up on the latest developments in the resort and second home market, earn the Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification, and network with other members who specialize in the buying, selling, or management of investment, development, retirement, or second homes.
Rental Housing Resources
- Advocacy Tips for Short Term Rentals
- Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper Summary
- Full Rental Housing Restrictions White Paper
- Fine Balance Needed Between Property Rights Regulation of Short-Term Rentals
- Navigating the Home Rental Market
- Investment and Vacation Home Buyers Surveys
Top vacation home counties are those where the vacant housing for seasonal, recreational, or occasional use made up 20% or more of the county’s total housing stock.
Vacation homes can cost less than $100,000 in these counties in Maine, New York, Pennsylvania, Missouri, and Michigan.
Many homeowners buy a second home expecting to use it for family vacations, as a rental, to gain equity, or – upon retirement – a future primary residence.