The latest Republican push to repeal key parts of the Affordable Care Act appears to have met the fate of all previous Senate repeal efforts this year — it doesn't have the votes needed to pass the chamber. Maine Sen. Susan Collins announced Monday that she will oppose the bill, authored by South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham and Louisiana Sen. Bill Cassidy. Collins' decision means three Republicans have now publicly said they are against the bill — and that is one more than the GOP could...
- Closing Homeless Shelters For The Right Reasons
- These Young Entrepreneurs See Opportunity Flowing Through Maine’s Decaying Dams
- Trump’s Decision To End DACA Leaves Thousands Of Mass. Young People In Limbo
- Gigantic Batteries Help Grow Renewable Energy In Maine, New England
- In Connecticut, An Ancient Art Brings Music To Life
Where We Live
Listen on Tuesday at 9:00 am. Six years ago she became the first female to lead the Hartford Symphony Orchestra. This hour, Carolyn Kuan talks about her intricate journey to the Connecticut stage. It's the latest in WNPR's "Making Her Story" series, recorded live at the Warner Theatre in Torrington, Connecticut.