||Chris Karakas Online
This form takes your web page and turns it into RSS 0.92. This is especially useful for Blogger users.
A tip of the hat from Julian Bond to Aaron Swartz who came up with the idea and the first implementation. Also a tip of the hat from Chris Karakas to Julian Bond who provided this script for others to download on his voidstar.com website.
- Put <span class="rss:item"> ... </span> round each item in your page.
In Blogger you'd do this by going to your template in blogger and changing
And then publish something to re-create the page with the new template
- Then put the URL of your new and modified page into the form below.
- Check that what you get back looks like RSS.
- Now you can make a link to this file like "http://www.karakas-online.de/myServices/rssify.php?url=your_web_page_url"
- Finally add a link to it on your web page, something like this:
RSSify at karakas-online.de
- The item text is put in the description element.
- The first 40 characters of html stripped description are put in the title element.
- The first link in the description is put in the link element. If there isn't one, the web page url is used.
- All tags except <A> <B> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <CENTER> <DD> <DL> <DT> <HR> <I> <IMG> <LI> <OL> <P> <PRE> <U> <UL> are stripped from the description.
- A maximum of 25 items are included in the rss.
- If you have any problems, send me an email
- if you want more detail about RSS, take a look at the RSS FAQ on voidstar.com.
- If you want to run your own copy of this: download RSSify here and see the RSSify source code here..