Welcome to the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott - a place where business meets pleasure, where your senses are indulged and your spirit is renewed, a place where your most pressing decision is shiraz or chardonnay. A mix of countryside charm and modern amenities, the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott is designed for an unpretentious Santa Barbara wine country escape. Envelope your senses and renew your spirit in the serenity and beauty of the Santa Ynez Valley.
Relaxation in the Heart of the Santa Ynez Valley
Softly lit lanterns and our attentive staff welcome you to the Italianate country setting, just 2 hours from the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles. The well-appointed guest rooms are an oasis in the heart of the Santa Barbara wine country featuring modern touches like luxurious linens, flat screen televisions, wi-fi and iPod entertainment docking stations. When you're ready to reconnect, business amenities let you tune in and stay productive during your wine country escape.
Ease into your day with our award-winning breakfast buffet at the Starting Gate Restaurant. Do as little or as much as you would like - wander the grounds, relax by the pool, work on your forehand at the on-site tennis courts or take it all in from your private balcony. When the mood strikes, venture forth and explore everything the Santa Ynez Valley has to offer, from over 141 wineries to the scenic streets of Solvang, thoroughbred farms, world class beer tasting rooms, intriguing shops, gourmet restaurants, and endless events and activities. The contemporary, yet casual setting of the Starting Gate Lounge invites guests to settle in for a nightcap or enjoy the setting sun over the rolling hills of the Santa Ynez Valley.
For a truly memorable getaway in the Santa Barbara wine country that seamlessly blends casual comfort and sophistication, look no further than the Santa Ynez Valley Marriott.
Uncork the Story in Santa Ynez ValleyPosted September 12, 2013 - If you are familiar with wine tasting protocol, the 5 S's are nothing new: See' Swirl' Sniff' Sip and Savor. Add one more 'S' and you have the month of September to uncork the story. Although wine lovers rarely need an excuse to raise their glass, read more to appreciate and toast the fruit of the vine. Read more on the Santa Ynez Valley blog
Supercharged in the Santa Ynez ValleyPosted August 2, 2013 - Chances are you have heard of and maybe even spotted one on the road...an electric automobile that has taken green driving to a new level, the Tesla. With styling that is said to rival the BMW and Jaguar, Tesla Motors has produced an all-electric vehicle that arguably may set the new standard for the next generation of cars. Tesla sightings are plastered all over social media platforms across the web. Read the Santa Ynez Valley blog to find out what the buzz is all about.
Saddle up, then Sip on, in the Santa Ynez ValleyPosted July 17, 2013 - Horse lovers know that there is nothing like time with their equine partners. Now pair that equine zen with a travel destination in which time slows down enough to set aside the details and stresses of everyday life...and an opportunity for true vacation bliss is born. Gallop over to read more on the Santa Ynez Valley blog >>
Santa Ynez Valley Brings on the Bacon!Posted June 21, 2013 - If the mere thought of bacon cooking causes your mouth to water reminiscent of Pavlov's pups then the Santa Ynez Valley, a bacon mecca in its own right, has the key to make your bacon dreams come true! The home of world-class vintages and craft beer adventure is now taking bacon-fever to a new level...because yes, even bacon pairs well with wine! Read more on the bacon-infused Santa Ynez Valley blog
A Father's Day Toast in the Santa Ynez ValleyPosted May 31, 2013 - Father's Day is right around the corner so we'd like to share a bit of heartwarming insight into this annual third Sunday holiday in June and help you get a jump on the celebration planning for this year. Read more and start planning on the Santa Ynez Valley blog
Pressing Matters in the Santa Ynez ValleyPosted May 21, 2013 - There is another fascinating tasting adventure that affords your taste buds a reason to celebrate in the valley. Olive oil! Like wine and craft beer, this magnificent treasure comes in a wide and distinctive range of varieties and flavors. Also parallel to wine and craft beer, a true tasting experience is indispensable in order to fully understand and appreciate it. Read a little Olive Oil 101 on the Santa Ynez Valley blog
Santa Ynez Valley Taps into Craft Beer MonthPosted May 8, 2013 - In what is proving to be a glorious time in history for beer enthusiasts everywhere...tap real estate is booming! With well over 1,600 craft breweries throughout the U.S., California's Santa Ynez Valley is taking this opportunity to foster the craft beer spirit and is expanding its annual celebration of craft beer from one week to the entire month of May. It is officially Craft Beer Month in the Santa Ynez Valley and to kick-off the festivities, we have a gathered a bit of insight into this brewing revolution. Read more on the Santa Ynez Valley blog
Visit our blog to find the latest information on events and attractions in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Two Options for your New Years Eve CelebrationWatch the last sunset of 2013 dip toward the Pacific Ocean and the first sunrise of 2014 play over the hills of the Santa Ynez Valley with our New Years Eve guest room packages starting at just $119.
- $119 includes standard guest room accommodations for two
- Upgrade to $159 package to include Prime Rib Buffet for two adults in the on-site Starting Gate Restaurant
For reservations call 805.688.1000 or click to book your New Years Eve package.
The Winter Pass November 1, 2013 - January 31, 2014
Participating wineries: Alexander & Wayne, Arthur Earl, Buttonwood Farm Winery, Casa Cassara, Cimarone & 3CV Wines, Daniel Gehrs Wines, Imagine Wine, Lincourt Vineyards, Lucas & Lewellen, Rideau Vineyard, Roblar, Standing Sun Wines, Toccata Wines and Torettie Family Vineyards.
December 2013 Santa Ynez Valley Events
- "Aviation, Autos and Agua" Art Exhibit - From Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 10:00am To Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 04:00pm. Location: Gallery Los Olivos. Contact: 805-688-7517
- Solvang Village Farmer's Market - Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 02:30pm - 06:30pm Location: Solvang, CA. Contact: 805-962-5354
- Wandering Dog Wine Bar presents Blind Tasting Thursday - Thursday, December 05, 2013, 04:00pm - 07:00pm. Location: Wandering Dog Wine Bar, 1539-C Mission Drive, Solvang, CA. Contact: 805-686-9126
- Solvang Treelighting Ceremony - Friday, December 06, 2013, 05:00pm. Location: Solvang Park
- Live Music at Solvang Brewing Co. - Friday, December 06, 2013, 08:30pm - 11:30pm. Location: Solvang Brewing Company, 1547 Mission Drive, Solvang, CA.
Every Friday, Rotating Bands, Live Music from 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.. EVENT DETAILS
- Los Olivos: Olde Fashioned Christmas - Saturday, December 07, 2013
- Solvang Julefest Parade - Saturday, December 07, 2013, 11:00am. Location: Downtown Solvang
- Buellton Winter Fest - Sunday, December 08, 2013, 09:00am - 08:00pm.
The Buellton Winter Fest will be held on Sunday December 8th. We'll be starting the day with Breakfast with Santa 9AM-Noon. $12 Adults, Children 10 and under, FREE. Location: Buellton Rec Center. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. EVENT DETAILS
- Solvang Village Farmer's Market - Wednesday, December 11, 2013 02:30pm - 06:30pm
- Standing Sun Wines- LIVE in the Winery! - Thursday, December 12, 2013, 07:00am - 10:00pm. Location: Standing Sun Wines, 92 2nd Street, Buellton, CA. Contact: Candia Flynn
- Return to Freedom Volunteer Work Day - Saturday, December 14, 2013, 09:00am - 04:00pm Location: Return to Freedom, Wild Horse Sanctuary. Contact: email@example.com
- Wreath Making Class - Saturday, December 14, 2013, 10:00am - 01:00pm. Location: River View Park in Buellton. Contact: Buellton Rec. EVENT DETAILS
- Solvang Library Holiday Book Sale and Craft Fair - Saturday, December 14, 2013, 10:00am - 03:00pm. Location: Solvang Library, 1745 Mission Drive, Solvang. Contact: Wendy Motta 805-688-4214. EVENT DETAILS